YDA is seeking feedback on The Tasmanian Homelessness Charter Version 2 by 9th January 2012.
These documents have been developed following extensive consultation with various stakeholders throughout Tasmania.
Version 2 of the Tasmanian Homelessness Charter presents a rights-based charter but not a charter of rights. It attempts to set out some principles of practice that give effect to the basic categories of the Charter, setting out what service users have a right to expect but also broadly what services might be doing to uphold the Charter principles. The comments are suggestive and exemplars not prescriptions. The Charter has been designed to apply to all services, including specialist homelessness services and mainstream organisations that provide services to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
The Charter is designed to complement the National Quality Framework and other documents that guide the service provision across the spectrum of services provided throughout Tasmania to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
We are keen to receive feedback on the draft documents which include:
1. Are the draft service delivery principles consistent with your organisation’s existing service delivery principles?
2. Are there any principles that should be added?
3. Are there any principles that your agency or agencies that you represent could not subscribe to?
4. Should any of the draft principles be deleted?
5. Are there specific comments or points ofexplanation that would usefully expand on the present document?